So here’s the famous recipe:
- 1 loaf Chunky Cinnamon Bread, cut into 8 slices
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can of Condensed milk
- For the french toast: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a shallow dish, mix eggs, milk, brown sugar, salt and vanilla. Dip each slice of bread into egg mixture and coat completely on each side. Place coated breads on a glass baking dish, cut butter into pieces and dot them on top of the chunks of bread. Bake them until lightly browned on each side. (If you are preparing this meal ahead, it is suggested that you place the coated breads in the fridge for a at least 1 hour or even overnight. But I didn’t have time to leave it in the fridge for that long and it still turned out pretty good.)
- While the french toast is baking, prepare the caramel syrup. In a medium sauce pan melt the butter and add the brown sugar. After the sugar is completely dissolved, add the condensed milk and whisk until smooth.
- Add whipped cream and strawberries and get ready to eat the best breakfast 🙂
Hi dear friends,
I hope the weekend treated you well!
I am excited about this coming week cos my husband and I set some new goals and made some new plans for the coming week so I am excited and motivated to accomplish those. Usually on Sundays we sit down and plan the week ahead. We don’t always set goals, but this time after talking to each other we felt impressed to write down some. Things like writing in our journals, reaching out to friends we love but haven’t been in contact for a while, reading a new book etc were at the top of our list! I really hope at the end of this week, we will look back and feel good about what we have accomplished.
So now lets talk about this look! I mean this top has everything a top should have! Sequins and roses. What a perfect match! As you have probably noticed I have been wearing darker colors lately such as black jackets, black skinnies. It’s just that since my daughter was born three months ago, I’ve been feeling more comfortable wearing darker colors, hoping to look slimmer. But I promise, now that spring is finally here, I’ll go back to my old colorful self.
Have a great Monday!
Thanks for stopping by!!